Building History: 1916-2012

View of Room Constituting One-Third of the Original Ballroom

The Tenement Years

In 1916, the building was converted into a tenement above a commercial space. The building was raised over three feet. The ground floor was demolished and with a contemporay commercial space. The building was covered in stucco, and the stoop was removed.

The interior was cut up into smaller rooms. Many original details were removed or covered up. Other materials, such as old doors, were re-used in different locations.